Santo Domingo Colonial Festival
November 25, 26 and 27, 2016. The fun starts each day at 10AM and ends at 1AM in the morning.
SD Colonial Fest celebrates the First City of the Americas with cultural activities lasting a full weekend. There will be 3 days of fun, culture, history, music and more.
The festival has been happening since 2012. It combines recreation, fun, enjoyment of the outdoors, quality time with friends and family. The purpose of the fest is for everyone to know just how special Santo Domingo. Colonial Fest showcases the first city in the New World and it’s cultural and historical background.
The festivals main events will be happening around Calle Las Damas, Plaza España and the Fortaleza Ozama. Many of the Restaurants will have special prices and dishes.
There will be many activities in the historical monuments of the city including:
- Historic Walks
- Music festival
- Art Festival
- Gastronomic Tour
- Restaurants with attractive offers in variety and prices
- Nightclubs and Bars special offers & the best music to enjoy the night
- Concerts Great concert in Plaza España for the closing of the day
- Clowns and Mimes throughout the Colonial City to entertain visitors
- Churches coordinate ringing of the bells
- Train rides with colonial characters
- Museums Night timetables and special activities
More information colonialfest.org