The Santo Domingo Colonial Fest 2013 is coming! November 22, 23 and 24, 2013 is the 2nd Festival being held in the Colonial City.
This festival was a big success last year and I am sure it will be even bigger and better this year.
Some of the good stuff planned are Historical Walks and characters in Colonial garb, Music, Art, Food, Strolling entertainment including Clowns and mimes, businesses in the city will ave many special prices. The entire Ciudad Colonial will be participating in one form or another each day from 10am to 1am.
The map and events brochure in PDF form
The fun will be happening on Calle Las Damas, Plaza España, Fortaleza Ozama, and other places located throughout the Colonial City.
* Urban Corner – Calle Hostos and Arz. Nouel – Urban Music Festival with groups & artists of urban rap, hip hop, reggaeton, dembow and merenhouse.
There will also be graffiti artists and contemporary urban art.
* Jazz Corner – Calle Hostos and Luperon – Jazz & Blues Music Festival by Casa de Teatro with groups and artists playing Jazz, Blues, Funk, Merengue-Jazz, Latin Jazz and more.
* Son and Salsa Corner – Calle Hostos con Salome Ureña – Salsa and Son music with “Secreto Musical”
* Café de Toi Corner – Calle Hostos and El Conde – Party Odalis style, her home is your home.
* Latino Corner – in the discotheque Jet Set with artists and music including merengue, salsa and bachata.
* Plaza España will have things going on all day and also will have the closing events each evening.